top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Hardin Perkins Bostick Home

About 1843, Hardin Perkins Bostick (1804-1860) and Margaret Rebecca Litton Bostick (1804-1897) moved from Williamson Co. to Davidson Co.


They bought 45 acres on the north side of Charlotte Turnpike about a mile west of the Nashville Public Square (in the proximity of the current north Gulch area) and built a 2 story brick house. Margaret was the sister of Ann Litton Cooper who lived with her husband W. B. in the W. B. Cooper House in the same area. In the 1850s, Bostick was an attorney, iron mine owner, iron manufacturer and invested in real estate. Bostick had a law office at 94 N. Cherry St. (current 4th Ave.) By the late 1880s, because of financial difficulties, they subdivided 41 acres.


By 1862, the Bostick family was forced to move from the home because Federal forces seized and occupied it. They were never able to return, and the home was destroyed at some point later. See Washington B. Cooper House

Recent Posts

See All

Burlington (Abbott-Martin Rd.)

Originally Abbott Lane (current Abbott-Martin Rd.) Nashville, TN Circa 1932. (Joseph) Parkes Armistead (1893-1984) wed Katherine Moore Armistead (1897-1988) in 1917. About fifteen years later, they bu

Currey Hill to Rose Park: A Hill of Change

1000 Edgehill Ave. Nashville, TN Circa 1800. Large 2-story home The spot of Nashville has seen so much change: Currey Hill to Meridian Hill to gigantic rock quarry Rock Crusher Hill to Rose Park. Robe

Comments


bottom of page