top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Hilltop

In 1906, Benjamin Franklin Cockrill, Jr. (1866-1936) and wife Willie M. Christian Cockrill (1865-1951) built Hilltop after his family home, Richland, burned in 1902. Cockrill subdivided his family land and kept 23 acres on which to build his new home.



Photo from Redfin


It is a 2 story brick house and remains at 541 Stevenson St. as of 2017. Ben and Willie had married in 1887. He was a farmer and served in the Tennessee House of Representatives 1902-05. See Cockrill Springs, Richland, Westover


Sources:

Nashville Pikes Vo. 4 Charlotte, Clifton and Hydes Ferry Pikes

Recent Posts

See All

Burlington (Abbott-Martin Rd.)

Originally Abbott Lane (current Abbott-Martin Rd.) Nashville, TN Circa 1932. (Joseph) Parkes Armistead (1893-1984) wed Katherine Moore Armistead (1897-1988) in 1917. About fifteen years later, they bu

Currey Hill to Rose Park: A Hill of Change

1000 Edgehill Ave. Nashville, TN Circa 1800. Large 2-story home The spot of Nashville has seen so much change: Currey Hill to Meridian Hill to gigantic rock quarry Rock Crusher Hill to Rose Park. Robe

Comments


bottom of page