Sunnyside (Williamson Co.)
- Jay Brothers
- 2 days ago
- 1 min read
Was on Columbia Pk , seven miles south of Franklin, TN
Circa 1822

Part of the 2,000 acres Fleming plantation lands in southern Williamson County
William Fleming (1782-1875) came to Tennessee from Virginia about 1814 and met and married Mixey Thompson Fleming (1797-1878) in 1815. In 1821, Fleming purchased about 130 acres on West Harpeth River - the land was between current Independence High School and Lewisburg Pk. Three years later his father-in -law, John Thompson, gave the couple 420 acres adjacent to the farm.
Their son, John Thomas Fleming (1823-1900) inherited Sunnyside. He wed Mary Elizabeth Mann Fleming (1832-1895) in 1852. His first wife was Harriet Reilly Fleming (1829-1850)(m.1845).

In 1971, the farm's owner were (Charles) Beaumont Anderson (1882-1971) and Minnie Claire Kittrell Anderson (1886-1960)(m.1912).
Sources:

Comments