top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Top O'Woodland/ Historic B&B

Top O’Woodland was built between 1898-1904 at 1603 block of Woodland St.





H.B. Hyde and J.S. Bell bought 2 lots at 1601 and 1603 Woodland St. By 1897, Bell defaulted, Hyde sued and purchased another lot at auction. From 1898-1925, Dr. Hartwell Blount (H.B.) Hyde (1853-1941), a prosperous doctor, and his wife Ada Leonora Hyde (1857-1940) owned the home and he had a medical practice on College St. (now Church St.) Dr. Hyde was the grandson of Henry Hyde after whom Nashville Hydes Ferry was named.


Between 1925-1960, brothers Tonye and George Busholen were owners. From 1960-2000, L.A. and Virginia Green were the owners. From 2000-2001, Belinda Leslie, president of Superior Investment Planners, owned it and operated it as a Top O’Woodland Bed & Breakfast.


About 2018, Lyon Porter and his partner Jersey Banks took over the property and renovated and renamed it. It is now part of the Urban Cowboy boutique hotel system with other hotels in several locations.

Recent Posts

See All

Burlington (Abbott-Martin Rd.)

Originally Abbott Lane (current Abbott-Martin Rd.) Nashville, TN Circa 1932. (Joseph) Parkes Armistead (1893-1984) wed Katherine Moore Armistead (1897-1988) in 1917. About fifteen years later, they bu

Currey Hill to Rose Park: A Hill of Change

1000 Edgehill Ave. Nashville, TN Circa 1800. Large 2-story home The spot of Nashville has seen so much change: Currey Hill to Meridian Hill to gigantic rock quarry Rock Crusher Hill to Rose Park. Robe

Comments


bottom of page