top of page
  • Jay Brothers

William Felix Webb House/ Parks Place

Updated: Apr 29

Parks Place / William Felix Webb House was built between 1864 and 1872 in College Grove off Nolensville Rd. - current address is 6548 Cox Rd.



Photo by Skye Marthaler


William Felix and first wife Cleopatra Haley, actually built the house. [William’s grandfather William S. Webb, a businessman, was the original property owner who purchased a couple of tracts of land totaling 600 acres. His father, James S.and wife Margaret increased the land holdings.] After Cleopatra’s death, William married her sister Adeline. William owned the Waldorf Livery Stable near the Union Station depot in Nashville.


He sold the property in 1888 to Joseph Timothy “J.T.” Demonbreun (1826-1909). His first wife was Elizabeth Redmond Demonbreun (1832-1880) whom he wed in 1855. His second wife was Ann T. Redmond Demonbreun (1836-1885), likely Elizabeth’s sister. After Demonbreun died, his daughter, Mary E. "Molly" Demonbeun Dobson, married Archelaus “Archie” Hughes Dobson (1850-1921), and they continued living there. Later, their daughter Laura Aurelia Dobson Parks (1884-1978) married Arthur Riggs Parks (1874-1947).


Sometime between 1910-/ 1919, the Parks family bought the family homestead and its 352 acres and lived there. After Arthur passed, various family members resided at the home with Laura until her death in 1978. Over the years, the farm lands were sold.


The home was vacant for some period until the next year, 1979, when Joseph C. “Joe” Bellefant (19123-2001) and Elynor Shaw Bellenfant (1930-2014) purchased it. Joe was a banker and farmer; Elynor co-founded the College Grove Dairy Show and loved to travel. She also founded the Tennessee Globe Trotters Travel Group.


The latest residents were their daughter, Emy Joe Bellis Bellenfant-Bilbrey and husband, Keith Bilbrey. In 2014, the Bilbry family was a contestant on the game show Family Feud. The Parks Place name comes from the Parks family. NRHP 1984


Sources:

Recent Posts

See All

Riverview: Bye bye because of I-65

Near Murfreesboro Rd. and Hwy 96. Circa 1820 Built by John Nichols (1789-1863) and Elizabeth McCown Nichols (1799-1881). They wed in 1814. His father had a Revolutionary War grant in Edgefield in Nas

Hightower Place/ Buck Davis Place

Old Wilson PK south of Old Smyrna Rd. in the current Corondele subdivision. Circa 1800 Richard R. Hightower (1764-1820) and Nancy L. Smith Hightower (1770-1849( were early settlers in the Brentwood ar

Comments


bottom of page