top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Inglehame/ Harpeth

Updated: Jul 4

1808 Wilson Pike Brentwood, TN

Circa 1858.


Inglehame / Harpeth was built by James Hazard Wilson II and Emeline Wilson on the headwaters of the Little Harpeth River about 1858.


They built the home for their son, James Hazzard Wilson III (1828-1890), at the time of his marriage to Virginia Pocahontas Zollicoffer (Wilson)(1837-1912) in 1858. The mansion was originally named Harpeth because a spring on the property is the source of the Little Harpeth River.


In 1877, it passed out of the Wilson family and was purchased by Maj. John Ebenezer Tulloss (1817-1899) and Fannie E. German Tulloss (1829-1909). The Tulloss family renamed the home, Inglehame. Maj. Tulloss’ first wife was Sarah Ann Scott Tulloss (1824-1844) and who was a relative of the Cheairs clan in Maury Co. The Tulloss’ son, John D. Tulloss, wed Imogene Cox, daughter of Nich. Cox. After staying at Inglehame for a short period after the wedding, the young Tulloss family moved across the road to Ravenwood.


In 1938, Vernon Hibbett Sharp (1871-1951) and Lorene Clenny Dandridge Sharp (1881-1952) owned the property and renamed it Inglehame. They wed in 1901. Sharp served as Tax Assessor for Nashville for years. By his death, Vernon and Lorene were living in Nashville on Mayfair Rd.


In the 2000s, a part of the property was sold to develop a residential-mast-plan community. The home remains on the hill in the south section at the end of Inglehame It is beside the family farm behind Ravenwood High School.


In 2011, Carol Birdsong with Williamson County Schools and her family resided at Inglehame. James and Virginia Wilson III called their property Harpeth for the spring that originated the Little Harpeth River. The Sharp family named it Inglehame in honor of a family ancestral home. See Ravenwood, Oak Hall


Sources:

Recent Posts

See All

Riverview: Bye bye because of I-65

Near Murfreesboro Rd. and Hwy 96. Circa 1820 Built by John Nichols (1789-1863) and Elizabeth McCown Nichols (1799-1881). They wed in 1814. His father had a Revolutionary War grant in Edgefield in Nas

Hightower Place/ Buck Davis Place

Old Wilson PK south of Old Smyrna Rd. in the current Corondele subdivision. Circa 1800 Richard R. Hightower (1764-1820) and Nancy L. Smith Hightower (1770-1849( were early settlers in the Brentwood ar

Comentarios


bottom of page