top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Hartman-Alexander-Dee-Stroop House/ Erin-Aeol House

Updated: Jun 26

Former 1433 North Maple/ Lebanon Pk (current Memorial BL) Murfreesboro, TN

Circa 1871-1887. 2-story Greek Revival home with a tower


From Pinterest


The home construction was begun in 1871 by Dr. Alexander Hartman (1827-1909) and Laura C. Vaughn Hartman (1843-1915). They wed in Alabama in 1867 and three years later moved to town where they purchased 100 acres. He was a local dentist and farmer and had moved to Murfreesboro from New York. The home was built in the country at the time. The land had been part of the Maney family Oak Manor estate. The home featured a 2-story stairway tower which gave the appearance of a


In 1900, Jesse Wallace Alexander (1857-1954) and Martha Virginia Abernathy Alexander (1865-1967) purchased the home. It was in the Alexander family for about 53 years until Jesse's death.


In 1954, Dr. & Mrs John Dee owned the home. The current name is from the Dee family - their Irish and Italian history.


The last resident owners were (Homer) Dalton (1921-2012) and Margaret Smith Stroop (1927-2015)who purchased the home in 1958 and lived there until 1974. Stroop worked at the Middle Tennessee Electric Membership Corporation for many years.


They sold the property to Thomas and Sterling Farmer. The Farmer brothers demolished the home and erected Farmer Brothers Insurance Agency there as well as a restaurant called Kentucky Ribeye Steakhouse. In 2019, an automotive dealership called Rite Ride operated.


Sources:


Recent Posts

See All

תגובות


bottom of page