top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Lipscomb Place

Updated: Jan 20, 2023

Maj. George W. Lipscomb (1813-1888) and Mary Clarissa Erwin Lipscomb (1816-1889) built their 2 story wood home at 3200 North Cross Bridges Rd in 1838.


Photo from Redfin.com


They wed in 1838. Lipscomb became a noted horse breeder, and Lipscomb Place a well-known horse farm.


In 1966, James Elwood “Buddy” Pigg (1932-2017) and Nancy Claudine Harris Pigg (1935-2019) were owners until 1992. They wed in 1953. Buddy was a third generation former part owner of Pigg & Parson Men’s Clothing Store. In addition to renovating Lipscomb Place, the couple had also restored other homes around the South.


Unknown new owners purchased Lipscomb Place in 1992. In 2019, it is on the market with 53.74 acres.

Recent Posts

See All

Halcyon Hall

212 West 6th St. Columbia, TN Circa 1845. Built in 1845, Joseph Alfred Walker (1810-1882) and Adaline Ann Elizabeth Nelson Walker (1818-1868) lived in Halcyon Hall. They wed in 1832. The property stoo

Comments


bottom of page