top of page
  • Jay Brothers

Sullivan House/ Moran House

Patrick Joseph Sullivan (1828-1906) arrived in Clarksville in 1840 as a stone mason/ contractor with the railroad.


Photo from Redfin


Sullivan was a businessman and had numerous dealings and properties in Clarksville. After about 30 years, he earned enough fortune to build in 1870 a grand home for he and his wife, Honora Sullivan (1835-1920). The Sullivan House was a 2 story brick Italianate home constructed at 429 South First St. atop one of Clarksville’s famous seven hills. Sullivan built the Sullivan Building which housed a saloon at first.


His daughter, Ellen Sullivan Moran, married Patrick Joseph (P.J.) Moran. The two Patricks opened a business that evolved into Moran’s Welding and Machine Shop. It operated until 2008. In 1945, she deeded the home to her son, Joseph Moran, and it remains in the family today.


Sources:

Recent Posts

See All

Yorumlar


bottom of page